The attendees demographic included a good mix of techies, innovators and social media folk.
An hour and a half after the champagne reception had started Gordon Brown (Chairman of the Council on Social Action) delivered an articulate and thoughtful speech. Soon after he presented the first award. Once the presentations was over a speed networking event took place in order to help form friendships and future collaborations.
Catalyst Award 2008 Winners
- Community Award – Savvy Chavvy
- David and Goliath Award - Liftshare
- Chalk and Cheese Award - FreqOUT!
Award - Slivers of Time Enterprise
- Revolutionary Award - Wheelies
- Self-Help Award - School of Everything
- Individual Hero - Helen Anderson
- People's Choice Award - Freeconomy Community
For more information about the winners projects go to the Catalyst awards winners page.